Workers' Compensation Insurance in Natick
Affordable Workers' Compensation Insurance for Businesses
As a business owner, you're responsible for the safety of your employees. Connell & Curley Insurance Agency in Natick, Massachusetts can select the right workers' compensation insurance policy for your business. Since 1965, our team of professional, independent agents has been assisting business owners throughout the state. As a locally-owned and operated business ourselves, we understand the unique challenges business owners face. We’re prepared to help you every step of the way. By combing the lowest policy prices and the best coverage, we've continually exceeded our clients' expectations. If you're starting a new business or shopping around for a lower workers' compensation policy rate, contact us to learn more.
What Does Workman's Compensation Insurance Cover?
When an employee is injured while on the job, it can profoundly impact their livelihood. Even if the employee followed all necessary precautions but was still injured due to faulty equipment, lack of sign postage, improper training, you could be at fault. Your workers' compensation insurance will cover the medical and legal expenses that your business may be liable to pay. Workers' compensation is designed to provide protection against devastating liability costs that could create a financial hardship for your business if an injury occurs. Your workers' compensation may cover some or all the following, depending on the coverage type:
- Medical and Hospital Services – Your workers' compensation will help pay for some or all the costs of an injured employee requiring ambulance service, x-rays, or crutches after the injury occurs. The more coverage you have, the greater the payout rate will be, which means fewer out-of-pocket expenses for your business
- Prescribed Medications – Doctor-prescribed medications required while recovering or even after complete recovery are covered by workers' compensation.
- Lost Income – Workers' compensation will cover lost wages to employees out of work due to an injury sustained at work.
Rehab Services – Rehabilitative services may be required when a significant injury occurs that affects the employee long term. With the right workers' compensation insurance, you won't have to pay for rehab or vocational services out of pocket.
Does Massachusetts Require Workers' Compensation Insurance?
Workers' compensation is mandatory for any business or commercial entity, regardless of the industry type or the potential for injury. The fact is, work-related injuries can occur in any type of business setting, which is why it's required throughout the state. However, there are particular instances in which workers' compensation may not be necessary. If you're unsure, you should speak to an insurance agent to ensure you have proper coverage. The following exemptions include:
- Members of a limited liability company (LLC)
- Partners of a limited liability partnership (LLP)
- Domestic employees who must work at least 16 hours a week to be covered under a workers' compensation policy
Who Benefits from Workman's Comp Insurance?
Workers' compensation protects the employer and the employee when an injury occurs on the job. The business is protected because they don't need to cover the medical costs and lost wages out of their own pocket. Similarly, the injured employee won't need to concern themselves with how to pay for excessive medical bills and lost wages. As a business owner, your workers' compensation contribution amount is determined by the following factors:
- Industry – Some industries and businesses are inherently more dangerous. Therefore, the business's contribution to workers' compensation will fluctuate depending on the type of business you operate. A construction company may have much higher costs than an office-based company.
- Payroll Amount – Workers' compensation is also determined as a percentage of your payroll amount.
- History – Excessive claims can affect the amount you must contribute
- If your business has a high workers' compensation claim rate, you may have to pay more for the same amount of coverage
Why We're the Leader in Workers Compensation Insurance
Business owners throughout Massachusetts rely on our team for all their workers' compensation insurance needs because we're the local professionals. Our trusted agents have developed a reputation for delivering the right workers' compensation insurance to match your needs. Discover why more businesses choose us to help them find the perfect insurance
- Experienced – We have over five decades of experience working with individuals and businesses in the state.
- Independent Agents – Our agents aren’t salespeople for the companies we partner with. Instead, our sole focus is on finding you the very best coverage option.
- Affordable Policies – With a positive working partnership with many of the top insurance companies and years of experience, we'll uncover the most affordable policy for you
- Knowledgeable – As residents of the Bay State, we have an exceptional level of understanding regarding insurance laws.
Learn More About Workers' Compensation Insurance
If you own and operate a business in Massachusetts, then contact Connell & Curley Insurance Agency. We can help you choose the right workers' compensation insurance for your company. Our knowledgeable and experienced agents have been leading the way in affordable and comprehensive insurance for individuals and businesses since 1965. You can always count on our team to provide you with personalized care and coverage. We're always available to answer any of your insurance questions. Whether you need workers' compensation insurance or any other type of business or individual insurance, we can help. Contact us today for a quote.