The Essential Insurance Information You Need
Insurance Tips & Techniques
Before you can plan a budget for your insurance spending, before you can even choose the right insurance products for your home or business, you have to understand what each policy can offer, and how to use it to your best benefit. You need a company that knows the state statutes and the changes, and can best utilize that information to make sure you have the coverage you need.
The Connell & Curley Insurance Agency is that company!
We know a lot about insurance, risk management, and planning! From the changing state rules and regulations to the various ways to navigate them. We’ll help you make the right moves for your family or business and stick with you every step of the way!
Filing insurance claims can be uncertain territory for many clients in the Bay State. Work with Connell & Curley Insurance, and let us walk you through your claims process, step-by-step, to expedite everything for you! Have an advocate in your corner to do things the right way.
Auto Insurance & Making a Claim After an Accident
- Have your policy number available.
- Provide information on your car (year, make, model, license plate number, and the damage it sustained).
- Where the vehicle is located, if it was towed from the accident scene for an insurance claims adjuster.
- If the driver of your vehicle was different from the owner, we will need the full name of the operator along with his/her address, date of birth and driver's license number and insurance information.
Other Car Accident Insurance Information Needed
- Have same information on the other party/parties involved in the accident.
- Information on their vehicle(s). including the name and address of the owner and operator of the other vehicle(s).
- Also include the year, make, model, license plate number, and the area of damage sustained of the other vehicle. The name of the other party's insurance company would also be helpful.
- If the police were at the scene of the accident, we will need to know which department responded and if there were citations issued to any of the involved parties.
- Include phone numbers, if available. If an accident report was filled out, you need to know when a copy will be available.
- The date, time, and location of the accident including street names and any landmarks.
- Names and addresses of any witnesses.
- Names and addresses of any injured parties, along with a description of the nature of the injuries.
If your vehicle was damaged in an incident other than a collision (for example: vandalism, fire, glass), the same applies with more tips:
- If your car was vandalized, please provide us with the names of any suspects, if available
- If you have had an automobile fire, the state law requires you to complete a FP 33C report. This can be obtained at your local fire department.
If your vehicle was stolen
- Notify the police with details.
Information on Insurance, Car for Claims Adjuster
- If the vehicle has been recovered, we will need the current location of the vehicle.
- If your vehicle has been burnt, state law requires you to complete a FP 33C report.
- If an arrest was made, provide us suspect's names, police case number and court docket number, if available.
Tips for filing a Homeowner Insurance Claim
- Have your policy number available when you report the loss.
- Provide a description of the occurrence with as much detail as possible.
- The date, time and location of the incident.
- Provide a description of the damage or loss to your home, or your personal property, with details.
- An insurance adjuster will follow up.
- Have your Personal Property Inventory handy
- Know your insurance policy’s limitations
When filling out your claim for insurance, there are a number of different forms that you will need to complete for any type of incident. Connell & Curley Insurance can walk you through that process and give you the guidance and assistance you need to make your experience easier.
Filing insurance claims can be uncertain territory for many customers in the Bay State. Work with Connell & Curley Insurance, and let us walk you through your claims process, step-by-step, to expedite everything for you! Have an expert in your corner to do things the right way.
For more essential information on the types of insurance you need, or to speak to one of our insurance pros about specific questions you may have, call Connell & Curley Insurance at 508-655-1112.